Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I'm a bit nervous about this upcoming semester. I know I will learn a lot, but I feel that I have a lot on my plate--especially small assignments like blogging, reading responses, etc--that I may forget, and it will greatly affect my grade. I realize now more than ever, making sure I plan everything out accordingly will be my best route...because I cannot put things off until last minute.

I feel that this semester will teach me a lot about teaching literacy. In my 301, I definitely learned a lot about literacy, but I don't think we went over methods as much as we will in 402. I'm excited to learn about a variety of methods, as I will be interning in Chicago for my internship year. The schools that we are assigned to are high-risk, and therefore I need to give my students the best teaching possible (especially in literacy).

My goals for the course are to learn more about literacy, and how to implement literacy into the classroom, so that all my students will enjoy learning. I also feel it will be very important for me to pick up on how to accommodate for all learners, as I will have a placement in both general education, as well as, special education.

Finally, I would really like to thank Erin for bringing Thank You, Mr. Falker into the classroom. I also was very touched by the book, and I was again reminded of how important we as teachers can be to even one student. And even if I can make one student feel that much better about themselves, I will feel I have done a good job.

No comments:

Post a Comment